Richard North and David White are the Controllers of all the data at Derbyshire Military Skills.
How do we get information?
We collect information from you when you use our website to submit an enquiry through the message box, if you register up for my newsletter or you choose to contact us directly about our services.
What information is collected from you?
We may collect the following information from our website:
- First & last name
- IP address
- Email address
- Telephone number
We may collect the following information in person, email, telephone or via our consultation form
- First & last name
- Age range
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Ask questions about your fitness interest in order to be able to offer suitable information
- All questions are optional and you don’t have to provide any information you do not wish to share
Lawful basis for processing
The nature of our business and the information we collect from you, we can use the Contractual basis for processing your data. Providing data for marketing purposes is optional and also the opportunity to amend or remove this consent is always possible
How if your information used?
We may use your information to:
- Reply to emails that you have submitted via the website or email
- Provide you with a cost for a service you have enquired about
- Notify you of changes to our service
- Send you communications that have been requested or that may be of interest to you
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes by email
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statuary obligations.
If you become a client, we will hold your personal or company information on our systems for 2 years. General enquiry data will be removed from our system after 12 months.
Sharing your information
We will not sell, distribute, lease information. We may share information if we are required to do so by law.
We do use associate companies within the business to provide you with some of the services we offer, for example – a self-employed military/ fitness instructors or. We will inform you of this and ask your permission before we share your details with the companies.
You have a choice about whether you’d like to receive marketing information from us. You are entitled to change your preferences at any time by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by opting out directly on Mailchimp.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us if you wish to make a request.
Derbyshire Military Skills
We may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Your right to complain
We work to high standards when it comes to processing your personal information. If you have queries or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll respond.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113