The Intermediate course covers more arduous activities than the basic course and individuals wishing to participate should be able to do a minimum of the following body weight exercises;
20 Press -ups
20 Sit ups
Run 1.5 miles (2.4 Km) in under 14 minutes or under
Comfortably walk 6 miles carrying 25 lbs in a Bergan (rucksack) over undulating terrain.
A physical preparation pack will be provided upon course booking.
Kit and Equipment
You are required to bring the following items of kit (clothing) and equipment with you for the day;
- Day sack (35litre).
- Waterproof Daysack liner.
- Water Proof Jacket.
- Waterproof Trousers.
- Walking socks x 2 pairs
- Fleece/lightweight down jacket/buffalo.
- Base layer (ideally wicking material) T shirt/ polo or thermal top x 2
- Walking trousers x2 pairs
- Underwear x2
- Warm fleece or wool hat
- Water bottle/ Camelback 2litre (this can be 2x 1 litre bottles).
- Steele Flask.
- Knife Fork and Spoon (KFS)
- Mug (ideally metal or plastic so not to get broken).
- Running shoes.
- Walking boots (worn in not worn out).*
- PT Kit (Top, shorts/leggings and socks).
- A sense of humour-ESSENTIAL!!
Walking boots will be inspected by the course directing staff (DS) for suitability.*
Due to the course being ran predominantly outside and due to the nature of the weather around the Derbyshire Peak district it is ESSENTIAL that all items on the kit list are brought by participants. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us as we are happy to help.